Saturday, September 9, 2017

Facebook Post


Maggie tagged my high school teammate, Mike Smith, in the following post about her daughter's swim team start.

Mike was my high school team captain way back when I was a squirrelly freshman.

He has coached junior high swimming for many, many years.  Truly a one-of-a-kind guy.

Guess who's 7th grader decided to join the swim team this year? I picked her up from her first day of practice in tears.. she's never swam on a team before and felt there was no way she was a strong enough swimmer to stick with it.. then came the Maggie stories of how hard it was for me, and how I rarely placed in anything but last..but how swimming made me learn to push myself mentally and with the support from great coaches, like you, I always felt encouraged to keep pushing myself along. Yesterday at practice pick up...she was full of smiles and declared to me "I love it, Mom, I'm gonna do it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment